Monday, August 31, 2009

Evan's First Day of Kindergarten

Today was Evan's first day of Kindergarten. I am so thankful that it's only half-day because I miss him so much! Drew and I were sitting on the porch 15 minutes before his bus was scheduled to arrive and then the bus was 20 minutes late! Drew and I are just lost without our entertainer; he is the kid who comes up with the ideas for everyone else to play.
When he came home Evan told me he made another friend and this boy (Evan can't remember his name -- haha!) said that he only had three friends so Evan would be his fourth friend. Isn't that cute?
I just hate seeing my little birdies leave the nest. When Joel went to Kindergarten it was easier to send him off because all of this "school stuff" was new and exciting, plus I had two little ones at home that kept me very busy. But now that Evan's is half-way gone (he's only gone for three hours!) it's just so quiet. I will be an absolute basket-case when Evan is gone all day next year and then the following year when Drew leaves. Oh my...I'll probably have to get a dog! ha! (No way!)
Here is Evan's teacher, Mrs. Klagg.

No comments: