Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's a LONG Way Down


Two of our boys learned to jump off the high-dive at the pool this summer! BUT before they could jump, the life guards require them to take a swimming test and BOTH boys passed. I didn't think Evan could do it, but he was so determined to jump off the diving boards that he swam like a fish (it wasn't a "pretty" stroke -- he still doesn't know how to breathe correctly while doing the freestyle so he just brings his head up in front to breathe).

After passing the swim test, both boys started jumping off the low dive. I told them that if either of them got the idea to jump off the high-dive to come and get me first so I could watch. But did they listen? Noooo! I was lounging in my chair catching some rays...oops, I mean I was busy playing with Drew and teaching him how to swim...(cough, cough) when Evan came running over to me. He was breathless with excitment telling me how he had done it. Joel was very excited for Evan, but Joel admitted that he had climbed up the ladder and then back down. :-) Evan, quite the saleman, was finally able to convince Joel that it was fun and Joel finally took the plunge too. Now they are expert jumpers and are trying "cannon balls" and "can openers."
Now I just need to get Evan off his bicycle training wheels...oh yeah, and teach him how to tie his shoes. But isn't jumping off the high-dive much cooler? :-)

No comments: