Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Conversation Exhaustion

This morning I left Evan and Drew alone in the car while I made a quick dash into a store (I could see the car from the store and yes, I locked and alarmed the car). When I came out I found Evan out of his seatbelt. Then the following conversation ensued:

Me: “Evan, what were you doing?”
Evan: “What did you see me do?”
Me: “I saw you out of your seat."
Evan: “Well, that’s all I did.”
Me: “Drew, what was Evan doing?”
Drew: “Ezan spit.”
Evan: “NO I didn’t!”
Me: “Then what did you do?”
Evan: “I forgot.”
Me: “If you forgot then I’ll just punish you for spitting.”
Evan: “I didn’t spit!”
Me: “What DID you do?”
Evan: “Drew will tell you.” (Then Evan covered his ears so he couldn’t hear Drew spill the beans.)
Me: “Evan, you have three seconds to tell me what you did or you’re getting punished for spitting.”

At this point I was all prepared to hear some huge, horrible act that he had committed.

Evan’s crime? “I took the batteries out of the remote control” (to the DVD player).

And THAT conversation is why I am tired at the end of every day!

8 comments:

Pastor Josh said...

That is too funny... after I stop laughing I am going to report you for leaving your kids in the car by themselves...

Heibel said...

That is GREAT! I love it that he wasn't going to tell. What did you see me do? Isn't that cute? Thanks for sharing. Robbon

In the life of an Olin...... said...

HILARIOUS!!!!
I can just picture the conversation going down!

In the life of an Olin...... said...

HILARIOUS!!!!
I can just picture the conversation going down!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Jessica said...

LOL! Gotta love 'em!

Stacey said...

Hahaha! Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!