Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sledding and Slush

Ben came home from work early one day last week and announced that we were all going sledding. It was the perfect day for it -- 40 degrees, no wind and the snow had melted into ice -- this meant fast sleds and we didn't even need to wear boots. We had an absolute blast! Drew went down the hill several times by himself and a couple times he insisted on lying on his belly in the sled. He has no fear.

On the final "descent," all five of us rode down on three sleds side-by-side. What a perfect family photo -- EXCEPT that my loving, sweetheart of a husband pushed my sled right into a slush puddle at the bottom of the hill. The boys (all FOUR of them) loved it! Even I managed to laugh.

My biggest regret from the sledding outing is that I didn't take pictures. But, as my friend Elizabeth says, "My heart took a picture." (groan!)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

"Your heart took a picture", that is so true. But I understand the desire for a scrapbook page to document it as well. Especially since little Drew probably won't remember it later in life. That's ok though, you are sure to have many more sledding adventures in years to come.

If you really have a sewing project in mind that I can help with, let me know. I might squeeze something in over the next few weeks before Sydney arrives. I'm almost prepared for her arrival and hoping for some down time from spring cleaning, organizing, etc. Sitting at a sewing machine would be pretty easy.

Stacey said...

Your heard did a what? Gag me with a fork and a spoon!