Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Art of Coercion

Last Sunday I told Ben that I wanted a bicycle. His response, "We'll get you one eventually."

Me: "I want one today." (I want to be able to ride around the neighborhood with Joel.)

Ben: "I don't know where our budget stands."

Me: "Earlier you mentioned you are going shopping for fireworks this week and you never mentioned 'budget' then."

Ben: "Kids, get in the car, we're getting mom a bike."

I am now the proud owner of a beautiful new Schwinn bicycle! Thanks Ben, I love it! (So if you see me walking funny, that's why -- my butt is killing me!)

6 comments:

In the life of an Olin...... said...

Seriously....I'm laughing out loud.
I'll need you to come by and use your "skills" on Dave, please. There are a few things I'd like,too. :)

Anonymous said...

I have another way to get things that you really want but it needs to be told in person! :)

Pastor Josh said...

That is too funny... I about fell out of my seat when I read this one. Ben, us guys feel your pain... and I hope that you enjoyed your fireworks. Too bad you have another thing to possibly pack.

Deborah Shurtz Higginbotham said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.... did you get a comfortable seat???

Anonymous said...

Like on Fox News it sounds "fair and balanced" to me...Do keep me up dated on other times you will be using your "art of coercion", and just what you got for it...Thank you again for coming Sat..I know I enjoyed the day and pretty sure others did too...Lee enjoyed Joel playing WII..Maybe Ang can bring it up with her..
Love u ALL

Stacey said...

Hahaha! That's great!