Monday, July 28, 2008

Tool Time

Thank God for Lowe's!

On Saturday Ben and I had a showing of our house so we had to leave from 10 - 11 a.m. Ben was at the hospital so it was up to me to find something fun to do with the boys. I mentioned to my friend, Kristen, that I needed something to do and she recommended going to Lowe's for their children's project time. How perfect!

At Lowe's there is a special room where the children go and get to pick out a project to make. Each child got a free apron and goggles and all project materials needed to complete a "quickie" handmade craft. (Did I mention everything was FREE?!) Joel chose a "land sail" (a car with a sail) and Evan chose a periscope (because he likes to play spies!). I couldn't believe how fun it was! Joel was able to complete his project with almost no direction from me; Evan needed a lot more help and kept asking, "Are we done?" He quickly tired of hammering nails and just wanted to play spies.

They were so excited to show Dad their handiwork! When we got home Daddy set up a work station where the boys could practice hammering nails and using screwdrivers; of course Evan had to put on his "work clothes."

Thanks Kristen Merrick for an awesome idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My boys have loved making those projects. Home Depot does the same thing. Great sat. activity. I don't have your email so send me line and let me know whats going on with you guys!