Friday, August 28, 2009

Breaking the Ice on New Friendships

In my last blog entry I mentioned being sad that Joel didn't have any friends in his class this year. But, I'm happy to report that he came home today talking about a new friend!

At school the kids had indoor recess today because of rain and Joel came home telling me about playing a game called "Break the Ice" with Devon. I acted shocked and said, "What?! Is he a new friend?!" Joel grinned from ear-to-ear as he said, "Yes -- and Devon said he wants to play the game again on Monday."

Of course this is when I pulled out the "I told you" phrase (because I told Joel on Wednesday that he would have a new friend within a week), and I was happy to do it.

Now I'm praying for rain and another indoor recess so that Joel can literally "break the ice" with his new friend. :-) Yeah!!

No comments: