Thursday, August 27, 2009

3rd Grade!

Joel and his over-loaded backpack full of new school supplies!

Joel's first day of 3rd grade was yesterday and I'm in HEAVEN with just Evan and Drew home all day. Evan starts school on Monday and I'm dreading it because he and Drew play SO WELL together. I played with them a little bit today, but only because I wanted to -- not just to keep the peace. :-) They play and play and play. But without Evan, Drew is just lost. I am so thankful that kindergarten is still only half-day; Drew and I will have our noses glued to the front door waiting for that big yellow bus to drop off Evan at 11:30.

So far Joel likes his teacher, Mrs. Nicholson, but he says none of his friends are in his class; this makes me a little sad for him. I told him to give it one week and he'll have a new friend.

I think 3rd grade is going to be hard on Joel AND me -- on the very first day of school they started learning cursive! Wow! I've always heard that the "odd" years are the hardest (1st, 3rd and 5th); with learning cursive and multiplication, it probably will be tough this year. Math is easy for Joel, but handwriting...well, that's a whole different story! I guess he takes after his parents -- neither Ben nor I have nice handwriting but it sure didn't hold Ben back. Maybe with Joel's bad penmanship he too is destined to be a doctor. haha
Joel and Mrs. Nicholson

No comments: