Friday, August 28, 2009

How To Make Applesauce

Evan and Drew wanted to make applesauce today but I sure didn't want to do it so I told them it is something you do in the Fall (and I was secretly hoping they would forget about it by then). So then they asked if we could get the "cooking books" out. I pulled out the kids' cookbooks (thank you Grandmas) and they started looking through them for ideas on what to make today, but they never got away from the idea stuck in their heads to make applesauce. So after much prodding and whining (it was ME doing the whining!), they finally convinced me to try it. So I got online and found a recipe and believe it or not, I had everything I needed.

So, we started peeling...
Drew said that peeling the apples was too hard which prompted Evan to say, "The little guy's right, Mom."

And cutting...
And boiling...
And mashing...
Note: I don't have a real masher so I used a bacon press! haha!! Who in the world has a bacon press but not a masher?

And tasting...
And reviewing...
Yeah for me! I was so proud of myself!

1 comment:

Deborah Shurtz Higginbotham said...

man i just caught up with you and robbon. I don't have access to a computer at work that will let me blog and I don't always get to use Joshua's. I haven't blogged in a month and Lord knows I have a lot to say!!!!!I miss you guys and I love reading about my nephews and nieces and the grand nieces and nephews. Love to you.....auntie deb