Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Special Note from Ben

It’s not often that I have a “guest writer” on my blog, so it is with great pleasure that I welcome my husband Ben to my blog.

Dear family and friends,
As an Ob/Gyn I witness the miracle of life almost daily and work tirelessly to promote the safety of a baby in the womb. Then I hear from Barack Obama who thinks these very precious lives are not worth saving. He wants to “spread the wealth” to everyone – but wants to kill babies. AND, he wants you to pay for it -- Obama endorses spending taxpayer money (YOUR money) on abortions.

When we talk about the treatment of the “less fortunate,” let’s not forget to include the most vulnerable group -- unborn children, who do not yet have a voice of their own. Just four weeks after conception (just as a woman discovers she is pregnant) a baby has a beating heart. It is truly unthinkable for me to interrupt the safe environment of a woman’s womb yet Barack Obama wants to do just that – he wants to stop that little beating heart.

It’s NOT OK to kill unborn children. Why would you, by your vote, want to endorse a man who stands up for and supports this form of holocaust? Abortion is not some small issue like some want you to believe; it has a powerful bearing on the whole future of our country. When you vote for a pro-choice candidate, you are voting for abortion.

Please, when you go to the polls to vote, remember that, as my sister-in-law Teressa put it, “we cannot lose sight of the fact that there is much more to the presidency than the economy.” A human’s life is on the line and the littlest citizens of all are counting on you.

Ben

Jeremiah 1:5"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose.”

5 comments:

Deborah Shurtz Higginbotham said...

okay... today is one of those days that things like this bring tears to my eyes. I love you Ben for your words and for your beliefs.....

Pastor Josh said...

thanks for the letter... i used a majority of it in my service this morning... (edited to IRS standards)

Anonymous said...

Ben....I have to say that today is one of those days when I am ESPECIALLY proud to be your aunt...not just because I love you...but because you're not afraid to state and stand on your beliefs......God bless you!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry for jumping in here. I live in Utah county and am wrapping up a project about missionary experiences. One of our contributors referred me to your blog and said you may be able to help. We are looking for a few more stories (any type / any mission). If you are willing / able to help (or refer us to others) we would LOVE it.
Thanks-
http://eldertoelder.webs.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! what an idea ! What a concept ! Beautiful .. Amazing …