Monday, October 6, 2008

Peanut Crusts and Fevers

Yesterday Drew was eating a bowl of peanuts in the shell and wanted an additional bowl for the "crusts." (a.k.a. the shells!) haha

Just so you can feel sorry for me, I have been stuck at home for almost a week straight because of two sick kids! Evan had a high fever for 4 days straight and then two days after his was gone, Drew came down with the same thing. It's awful because the boys have gotten SO HOT (I don't know exactly how hot -- I'm a third-time mom so I never take temperatures -- I just throw ibuprofen down their throats) and at its worst, they just shiver. With Drew, as soon as the medicine hits his system, his fever breaks and then he soaks his clothes. Two nights in a row I've had to completely change his pajamas and put a towel on his bed because it was so wet.

The little guys' fever has also been accompanied by bad dreams. Drew dreamt that a "green guy with no hair srew (threw) me into a zolcano" (volcano).

Now for the "bad mom" part of me -- I kind of like it when they are sick (without puking) because they are so sweet, lethargic and cuddly. It's not often that they want to sit on mom's lap and just cuddle so I'm enjoying that part of the "sick bay" at the White House.

1 comment:

Heibel said...

I agree that they like to cuddle when they are sick so I don't mind a day or two here or there. I hope you all get better soon. Robbon