Thursday, June 26, 2008

"Strawberry Superheros"

We took a literal "field" trip on Tuesday to a strawberry patch to pick berries. I wasn't sure how long the picking would last, but I thought the boys would enjoy it -- and they did. Each boy wanted his own quart basket to fill. All three were very tenacious, but Drew was the one who just sat in one spot and silently picked as many as he could. At one point I saw him stomping what I thought was a bug, but it turned out he decided to stomp several of his strawberries! After I told him we could go home and dip some in chocolate, he decided saving them was better than stomping them.

I told the boys they could eat a few while they were picking, but Evan replied, "I'm a hard worker and hard workers don't eat while they're working." Who only knows where he came up with that idea?! It certainly wasn't from his mama! When we got in the car he commented, "I was a hard worker, now I can eat some."
At the end of picking I told the boys to smile for a picture with their berries. It was Joel who directed this shot, telling his brothers to hold the berries above their heads, but it was Evan who said, "We are the Strawberry Superheros!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, the bottom picture of the boys holding their berries made me get teary-eyed.
You are doing such a great job with them Carrie!
Love, Mindy

Stacey said...

AWWWW! That is SO cute! Look at those awesome "Strawberry Superheros!" And thanks for a good summer field trip idea! See? We just swap ideas back and forth to each other! :)

Jessica said...

Yummy! Great idea to take the boys. Last year when Audrey joined me for our picking I ended up in the port-a-potty 3 times. She didn't like the dirt on her and was obsessed with the purel hand cleanser. That's my girl!