Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Pumpkin Farm

On Saturday Drew, Evan and I went to the Pumpkin Farm for some Fall fun (it was supposed to be a family outing, but Joel was rotten so he had to stay home with Dad). We had never been to this farm but some friends from church invited us and now it's our new favorite spot for pumpkins. The boys got to go in a corn maze, feed goats, go on a hayride and enjoy fresh apple cider -- it would have been the perfect Fall day had it not been 90 degrees!!

This is a picture of Drew lifting a gord. His comment: "This pear heavy." haha!
Drew was absolutey enthralled with the corn maze. I'm not a big fan of the things -- I'm a little clausterphobic and was afraid I'd never come out (and I'm not sure my boys would have come looking for me!)
Then when we got home the boys wanted to carve the pumpkin immediately. I'm sure it will be nice and moldy for Halloween. Yuck! Drew and Evan found the "guts" absolutely disgusting and even hated the smell of the pumpkin. The strangest part for mama, was watching Dad "pass the torch" (or should I say, "the carving knife") -- Joel decided this year he was old enough to do some of the carving himself. Oh, he's growing up so fast!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yep, that is one heavy pear! How cute! And I love the pic of them saying it stinks!!!

Pastor Josh said...

It was a fun day to hang out. I am glad that yall came with us. Too bad Ben and Joel couldn't join us... better luck next time.

Stacey said...

Great pictures. What wonderful friends you must have. I'm sure they are incredible and kind and loving and fun and wonderful. You are so lucking to know them.