Thursday, January 1, 2009

Water Molly

When I was a little girl my dad frequently told my brother, sister and me a story he wrote about a molecule of water named "Molly." Since my dad's college and career background is in science, the story tells from a scientific perspective the process a molecule of water goes through -- from precipitation to condensation. We loved the story as children and now my children know and love the story.

After getting the story copyrighted as "Water Molly" in 1982, one of my dad's life goals was to get the story illustrated. This year for Christmas, with the help of Lori Strohmaier (an illustrator friend of mine), I was able to fulfill his dream.

Here are two pictures of my dad opening his surprise gift (he's laughing and crying!). It was a wonderful moment for the entire family!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

What an awesome gift!And a treasure to pass down through the family!

Stacey said...

Awwww! I'm so glad he laughed and cried.

Deborah Shurtz Higginbotham said...

How do I buy a copy.... I don't want to miss out on this. love, the author's sister-in-law

Deborah Shurtz Higginbotham said...

I can see a whole childrens series.. Carbon Carrie, Bog Ben, mildew mindy, Mulch Mark, ..... the list could go on and on.....