Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Crying Today...


Crying tears of JOY, that is! School started and Joel is officially a first-grader and gone from 8:45 a.m. until 3:30 p.m.! I never thought this day would come. It was such a quiet, calm day that I almost got...dare I say it...bored. Oh no, no, not bored in a bad way, bored in an "ahh, relaxation" and no more breaking up fights or yelling, "keep your hands off your brothers and stop tormenting them" sort of way. I'm already dreading Thanksgiving break.

I asked Joel to tell me the best and worst part about first grade:

Best: "Playground"

Worst: "There was no worst part"

(Gee, he didn't mention missing mama. Maybe he was crying tears of joy too?)
OK, please allow me one small "brag" about Joel: I asked him whom he sat with at lunch and he told me this:
"Remember when Evan went to preschool, you told him to be a friend to someone who was sad or who didn't have a friend. I remembered that and saw Jimmie sitting alone at a table so I sat with him."
Now THAT makes a mama proud!

2 comments:

Pastor Josh said...

So once again... I see Ben's influence on his children... because we all know that Carrie would be where the action is... :) You know we love that about you, you social butterfly you.

Stacey said...

UH. I'm totally choked up. That is SO incredibly sweet. What a good boy. I'm SO proud of him!