Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Crack Kills and Other Fall Activities

Now that Joel is in school all day, the two "little" boys and I are finding all sorts of new ways to entertain ourselves. Today we "painted" the sidewalk with water that was tinted with food coloring. I couldn't resist taking this picture of Evan that I've titled "crack kills."


Since Joel isn't around to "police" activities, "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" get into a lot more trouble. One day I found them with a box of spaghetti noodles -- they were eating some and breaking up the rest of them all over the floor. The crazy part -- they were being so quiet and having so much fun, I LET THEM DO IT!

On another day we were playing with rolls of toilet paper (my sister-in-law, Robbon, gave me this idea -- kids LOVE stacking and building with rolls of T.P.) and we ended up wrapping Evan as a mummy. Once Joel got home, the T.P. ended up ALL over the living room, including flying from the ceiling fan. Problem: now I'm almost out of toilet paper!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh my gosh. That is HILARIOUS! Every single picture and story - funny.
Wow! I'm so impressed that you let your kids make such big messes! Although, I've been a little better about it since Caylin's gotten old enough to participate. I think I'm more like you in that if it keeps them quiet and it's harmless fun that keeps them busy, why not?!

Jessica said...

Those are great pictures! I'm sure you'll have that "crack kills" photo ready for when Evan brings home his first girlfriend! I sure would!!!!